With more than 10% of the population suffering from some kind of hearing impairment the PL1 is the ideal portable device to ensure that your environment meets the standards laid out by the DDA. The attractively PL1 can be used in schools, shops, nursing homes, leisure centres, hotels, banks, GP surgeries, reception desks as well as many other private, public or civil applications where there is no permanent loop facility installed.
Made from durable ABS plastic, the unit is lightweight and tough enough to be transported and an integral battery allows the unit to be used in most environments. The unit will cover an area of 1 - 2m² and uses an integral microphone to pick up speech and conversations, (however, an external microphone may be added if required). Built-in 'cut-off timer' automatically shuts down the system after 1-, 30 60 minutes if the unit is not being used, helping to maintain battery life for prolonged use.
- Ideal for restricted person to person contact in areas such as banks, post offices, small meeting rooms, reception desks, open plan offices and ticket booths
- Portable, lightweight design means the system can be moved eerily from location to location
- Simple one button operation
- Integral high performance microphone
- Five years' expected battery life under normal operating/charing conditions
- Auto shut-off facility (user selectable for 10, 30 or 60 minutes) helps preserve battery life
- Unit can be used as normal whilst charging